Monday, January 19, 2009

Big day on the Hill

I should title this posting, "Where in the Capitol City is Mrs. T.'s camera?" I am sad to report that my camera and sound recorder are gone. It vanished after my cab ride with Peter (who was originally from Cameroon). Here is a little geography question: what country is the Republic of Cameroon in? Anyway, I was so excited because I had just interviewed him and thought I put the camera back in my pocket. It must have dropped out while I was getting out of the cab! Either that or someone slipped it out while I was on the street. That happening isn't far fetched. It happened to a gal while we were in a store. Her bag and purse were snatched in a matter of minutes! I am thankful it was just my camera. Mary Beth will still be taking pictures and I may use her sound recorder to get a few more podcasts posted.

I am most disappointed that you won't be able to see my pictures with Senator Amy Klobuchar, Iowa Congressman Boswell, or sitting at (Iowa) Senator Grassley's desk. That brings me to question three for "Where in the Capitol City is Mrs. Tinguely Today?" What building was I in when I met Senator Amy Klobuchar? Write it in your travel log. While I was waiting to get my picture with the Senator, I ran into Blake Hogan from Blaine, MN! He is a Lieutenant in the Marine Corp and was in full uniform! Of course I took a picture of him but you will have to go to the senator's website to see it. His message to all of you is to "Study Hard." I thanked him for his service to our country and wished him well!

Thanks to Congressman Boswell we were able to by-pass the huge lines at the Longfellow building(where many Congress Representatives have their offices). The lines were incredible! Everyone was in line to get their Inauguration tickets! I asked Peter, the cab driver, if he had ever witnessed this many people in D.C. He has not seen the likes of it before! Certainly a historic event. Did you know that there are supposed to be more guards here tomorrow in the District than in Afghanistan? There is supposed to be security at every corner, literally!

While we were in the Longfellow building I visited our Representative, John Kline's office! He wasn't there but his staff members sent you all a little something. I will bring them home on the plane with me! Thank you Congressman Kline!

Tomorrow we think we have seated tickets to the big event! We will know for sure when we get there. Look for us in the yellow section area 11. The last estimate was they are expecting 2 million people to be there! We have tickets to the parade as well but we're thinking we won't be able to cross the street in time... that's how many people will be there.

I miss you all! Take care and until tomorrow.... Mrs. T.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what an exciting day! I am glad you were able to visit MN Rep and Senator. Will, Michael and Brennan are excited to hear more stories when you get home. Don't worry about the camera, I'll buy you a new one when you get home. Have a blast at the ball. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey MRS.T this anna. just wondering did you get a pennet yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs.T this is Jenna!!!! Today was really fun in school. We made head bands, We got donut holes with red, white, and blue sprinkls, Watched a video with Martin Luther King Jr. in it, (At least some of it ) and of course we watched the Inauguration in the Music Room!!!!

    I'll see you later!!!!!

    ReplyDelete