Wednesday, January 21, 2009

UNFORGETABLE!

I had a difficult time coming up with this posting! I can't find the words to describe yesterday's events. With over One million people, all gathered at our Nation's Mall, there wasn't one arrest! That is unbelievable! The fact that we had seats on the White House lawn! That is unbelievable! The crowd was respectful, optimistic, and emotional. Sandra, President Obama's neighbor from Chicago, was in tears most of the inauguration. Many, many times, people began chanting, "Obama, Obama!" But I think the big finale of our trip was at the ball last night! AMAZING!

The night began with being introduced to Iowa's former First Lady's (Christie Vilsack) chief of staff, Cindy. We had a wonderful conversation about the program she headed with the First Lady called Verizon Literacy! While we were visiting, up walked Governor Chet Culver and the First Lady of Iowa! They were very nice people and I enjoyed meeting them!

Mary Beth and I noticed people congregating over by the second stage. We thought, "Why not?" We were shocked when Sheryl Crow came out on stage! She was the evening's entertainment! We had no idea she was appearing but we took it all in! After she finished playing many of her favorite hits, the crowd did not move. We waited another hour or so and guess who walks out on stage? The Vice President and his wife! They talked and danced. It was exciting. But perhaps the most exciting part of this whole trip was when the President and First Lady walked out on that stage and danced for the crowd! Seeing them up close was definitely worth waiting for. I doubt that I'll be that close to another President of the United States in my life time! What a trip! What an experience! What a ride!

I'll see you tomorrow! I can't wait to share more pictures with you! Will, Michael, and Brennan, mom is on her way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment