Sunday, January 18, 2009

The calm before the storm is officially gone!

Hello everyone! Yesterday I blogged that it was surprisingly quite the morning of our capitol tour. Look at the pictures from today! Many, many more people descended on the Capitol City overnight. Because of the crowds, Mary Beth and I walked, and walked and walked! We walked over 4 miles just getting from one event to the next.

The day began going to church near Mary Beth's apartment. Then we took the Metro to the National Mall. On our way we were stopped by a newscaster from the Australian Broadcasting Company! She interviewed us and said we'd be on their website! That was pretty neat. There are a lot of press people here.

We continued to the mall, on our way to the Lincoln Memorial Concert! So many people were there it was amazing! We made our way up as close as we could. We were so close we could see the people on the stage. The whole concert was incredible! Garth Brooks, Jack Black, Tom Hanks, Denzel Washington, Bono, Usher, Beyonce, Stevie Wonder....not to mention our next President - all on stage at one time! I wanted to jump up on the stage with them, show them my Cha Cha Slide moves Ms. Sunderman referred too! People were even sitting on top of those port-a-potties I talked about earlier in my blog, just to get a better look. Security was good though, they were told to get down. Even the people climbing the trees were told to get down.

Sam, I did see many, many kids. In fact, in front of us, at the concert ,there was a little boy about three years old. His dad held him the whole time! We were there, waiting and watching the concert for 6 hours! That's a long time. While we were waiting for the concert to begin I met Stefan and Sigrid. I interviewed them so watch for the next podcast to hear what they have to say! They both live in D.C. now and were very nice!

Tomorrow I'm headed to John Kline's office, our district Representative! Then I am going to rest up for Tuesday! We walked so much today that I think my feet are going to fall off! Check out the site on the page that maps our walking route we took today! Until next time... Mrs. T.

No comments:

Post a Comment