Friday, January 16, 2009

We're here in Washington, D.C!

I can't believe it! I'm sitting here in D.C. enjoying the view of downtown! I loved my send off from Will, Michael and Brennan this morning. 404, all of you gave me a nice farewell too! Thank you!

I had some pretty fun adventures on the plane and after we landed. I do have to say I'm thankful that we didn't see any "big birds" while flying of the Nation's Capitol! I wouldn't want to have had to make an emergency landing in the Potomac.

On my flight to Detroit, I met Melissa who was from Orange County, California. She was headed to the inauguration too. Listen to her interview on my next podcast. We were talking and discovered we have birthdays the same month and we are the same age! Brett, one seat over, heard us talking and said he was the same age and had a February birthday too. What a coincidence.

My flight in to Reagan International was less exciting, that is until I was at the baggage claim. Remember Mary Beth, who visited the classroom this fall? She met me at the luggage area. It was wonderful to see a familiar face. We snapped a picture of us together then she thought she saw another familiar face in the crowd. It was Al Franken. He was just getting in from St. Paul. I have a feeling he is just one of many people we see and recognize! Until next time! Mrs. T.

5 comments:

  1. Tried to call you before your flight to give you a pep talk, but missed you. Glad your flight went well. Of course friendly Kate would make some new friends! Hope you are keeping warm, my sister-in-law said it's 2 degrees in MD. Have a great time and keep your eye out for some Republicans ;). - Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will, Michael and Brennan are excited that Mom made it to our nation’s capital safely. Have a great Trip! They loved the presents under their pillows you left behind for them..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mrs.Tinguley,this is Jenna!!!!!!I can't wait to hear about the Inauguration!! Did you think the plane ride was long? Melissa sounded very nice!

    See you Later!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You had an uneventful flight (I wouldn't have wanted to land in the Potomac either)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mrs.T its zack.I justread some of your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete