Saturday, January 17, 2009

Brrr! It's cold today!

I think I brought the cold arctic air with me to D. C. It was cold walking around today. Those of you who suggested I bring tank tops or shorts need to take a look at what the air temperature was today :). Those tank tops won't cut it! It's a good thing my math class looked up what the temperature is supposed to be on Tuesday. I have my wool socks, two pair of gloves, winter boots, and my warmest winter coat ready to don on the big day. It is obvious the people walking around who are southerners or westerners! Today I saw a gentleman with no coat at all. He looked cold! It was only13 degrees with the windchill factored in. I felt right at home!

Mary Beth and I had a very exciting tour of the District! We saw where all three branches of the government are housed! It began at the capitol. Not very many people were out and about that early, while it was so cold! It was almost weird, like the calm before the storm of people that hit the city. While we were in the Capitol crypt, they had a dress rehearsal for the inauguration procession. The tour guide said they thought about closing the capitol today due to all of the preparation taking place for Tuesday. We also saw bleachers, cameras, and many, many port-a -potties!

Next we met Uncle John and Mr. and Mrs. McCallion for lunch at Old Ebbet's Grill. It was delicious. Thanks, Uncle John!

On our way to the American History Museum we stopped by to peek at the White House. I saw the very hat that Abraham Lincoln was wearing that fateful night in the Ford's Theater.

Next, it was on to the National Archive Museum. What do you think I saw at the museum? I'll give you a hint, there is a picture of one of the documents on the slide show! How fascinating!

Tomorrow we plan to hit the concert at the Lincoln Memorial. I'm not sure if we will stay due to the cold but we will try! Some of the musical performers scheduled for the event include Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Bono, Garth Brooks, Sheryl Crow, Renee Fleming, Josh Groban, Herbie Hancock, Heather Headley, John Legend, Jennifer Nettles, John Mellencamp, Usher Raymond IV, Shakira, Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor, will.i.am, and Stevie Wonder. Sounds like it'd be a great time to do some dancing. What do you think, 404? I know how you love to dance! Until tomorrow! Mrs. T.

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. T.
    Wow it sounds like alot of fun.

    I know you will be dancing up a storm at the ball, maybe you can lead them in the Cha Cha Slide!

    You go girl.
    Ms Sunderman

    ReplyDelete
  2. mrs.t

    I was just wondering if there are any kids there if so how many.

    sam

    ReplyDelete